Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fisher Price Rainforest Bouncer Review

For the most part, I am a mother that likes to snuggle with her baby. A lot. A heck of a lot, actually. But sometimes, I need to get things done that are impossible to do even having the baby wrapped up in a sling. And for these times, I have relied on the Fisher Price Rainforest Bouncer.



The Good: This thing is soothing. It really is. If babyboog's being unruly, is inconsolable, or needs to hang out in an upright position somewhere he won't tip over, the Fisher Price Rainforest Bouncer is the first thing I go to. The vibration is strong, but not strong enough to jostle the baby. It also comes with a strap that keeps the baby in one place; two side straps connect to a thicker, stronger clip that secures over the baby's pelvis. I have tested the security of the harness out by pushing the seat into a wide bounce, and it passes the test! The colors of the fabric and the lights are bright and fancy. I am in love with the fact that the bouncer not only plays chipper 'baby' sort of music, but has the option to turn on rainforest sounds as well! The playful cover is removable and washable, thank heavens, and soft, to boot! The bouncer is also incredibly light weight and sturdy for its design.

The Bad: There isn't much I can say I dislike about this product. The biggest drawback is the fact that the lights, sounds, and vibration run on four D batteries. Manboog and I have stopped using the lights and sound so we can conserve for what we feel is this item's biggest boon: the vibrating; we feel the baby is still a little too young to appreciate all of the bells and whistles of the bouncy seat. The weight capacity of this seat is only 25 pounds, too, so I will be quite the sad momma when the baby outgrows it!

The Verdict: This seat is amazing. I am in absolute love with it, and I am so glad my mom picked it up for the baby! It has given me piece of mind - when I need to use the restroom or clean up and don't feel safe toting the baby around in his sling, I am given a piece of mind and am reassured that he is completely well-kept in the Fisher Price Rainforest Bouncer.

No comments:

Post a Comment